Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Horn

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeInNH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm upgrading my horns on my rebuilt Model 15's. I'm replacing them with horns from the model 14.

    I have a question:

    Should I put a brace under the driver on these horns. On my Model 15's the horn is a curved radial horn so the driver hangs down. Much less stress on the horn. But on the Model 14's it's straight. And also this horn was designed to use with the 902, NOT the 802 which is MUCH heavier.

    I'm probably going to brace it anyways...just wanted to know what you people think.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Larry123's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2003
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, do you think that the 14's horn will sound better to you. Don't forget eq is needed on CD type horn. I have 902 and the 14's horn and 811w/806 and like the older combo better, does not reach as high, but the mids for me are so much better. Center speaker, stereo image etc not important for me.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    HI,

    Your passiver XO high pass should match your HF driver in terms of:
    Frequency,Impedance, Nominal wattage.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.